Edited by DifuWu, Ziad K., Faiz Marjan, Bowser Jr, Thomas and 20 others
This is a quick guide on how to become a good football (soccer) striker. In the game of 'soccer', a striker plays up front and is responsible for the majority of goal scoring. What is equally important is how you create goal scoring chances. To be a good striker, you truly need to have many elements to your game. Huge responsibility is often put on strikers and this is somewhat indicative of how much more they get paid than other positions professionally. These steps assume you have basic football (soccer) playing abilities and are ready to fine tune your game as a quality striker.
- Watch more Video on player skills and goal, Tips :
- Have a balanced diet with plenty of carbohydrates and always keep hydrated.
- Watch good strikers on TV or live.
- Be confident in your ability and others. Never let lost chances affect what happens next.
- Improve cardiovascular fitness as much as possible while maintaining strength and power. Should aim for a number greater than 13 least in the 'beep test' (This is usually around the minimum for professional players).
- Improve your cardiovascular fitness, as this will also improve things like concentration and game awareness at crucial times.
- In small possession games, be as creative as you can.
- Buy a cheap football net, and go to a local oval to set it up. Shoot, Shoot, Shoot!
- Be as calm as you can with the ball. If you have a good first touch you can trust it and from their everything else will flow.
- Bend your body down, look at the ball, then at the goal and shoot. This will give you a powerful low shot.
- Don't hog the ball. Keeping the ball moving is just as important as yourself keeping on moving.
- Work with your team and listen to coaches tactics.
- The journey of professional football is frustrating. Coaches have opinions on who gets selected into teams and often their wrong and it is all subjective. Play for enjoyment and passion. Your own ability and self satisfaction is your reward, don't play for money or fame.
- Skills aren't developed overnight, but every good touch on the ball you do makes you better.
- Don't be creative all the time. Balance is essential.
Things You'll Need
- Football (Soccer ball)
- Training partner(s)